- Weimar Germany & the Nazi Rise to Power
- The Nazi State & German Society
- The Nazi Racial State
- Nazi Germany at War
- Writing the History of Nazi Germany
Conclusion: The Danger of Mystifying Nazism
While the relationship between the Nazi state and occultism was very different from modern day perceptions, it is an important aspect to examine in order to understand the state as a whole. However, despite some Nazis adhering to occult ideas, it was not a sanctioned aspect of Nazi policy. The tendency to make the Nazis into an occult organization obscures the very real historical actions and conditions that brought them into power. It is too easy to make mythical monsters out of the Nazis, which unburdens them from their responsibility for the atrocities they inflicted on our world.
For Further Reading:
- Staudenmaier, Peter. Between occultism and Nazism Anthroposophy and the Politics of Race in the Fascist Era. Leiden: Brill, 2014.
- Treitel, Corinna. A science for the soul: occultism and the genesis of the German modern. Baltimore (Md.): J. Hopkins, 2004.
- Trevor-Roper, Hugh R. Last days of Hitler. Place of publication not identified: Palgrave Macmillan, 2014.